Terms and Conditions
Membership of the ERC
Membership of the Economic Research Council is open to all who are in sympathy with its declared objects:
• To promote education in the science of economics, with particular reference to monetary practice, and in furtherance of this main object and as an ancillary thereto:
• To devote sympathetic and detailed study to representations on monetary or economic subjects submitted by members or others, reporting on them in the light of knowledge and experience.
• To explore with other bodies the fields of monetary and economic thought, in order progressively to secure a maximum of common ground for purposes of public enlightenment.
• To take all necessary steps to increase the interest of the general public in the objects of the Council by making known the results of investigation and research.
• To publish reports and other documents embodying the results of study and research.
• To encourage the establishment by other countries of bodies having aims similar to those of the Council, and to collaborate with such bodies to the public advantage.
• To do such things as may be incidental or conducive to the attainment of the aforesaid objects.
The Executive Committee shall define individual categories of membership from time to time.
The Executive Committee shall have power to determine the membership of any Member whose continued membership they consider prejudicial to the welfare of the Council and to return the subscription of such Member for the current year without being liable to give any reason for their action which shall be in their absolute discretion. Upon such action being taken such person shall cease to be a Member of the Council. There shall be a right of appeal within 28 days to the President or to a Vice President whose decision in either case shall be final.
Any member who does not pay the membership fees set out by the Executive Committee shall have their membership cancelled.
Refunds and Cancellations
No refunds are available for membership payments unless your membership is cancelled by the Executive Committee as set out above.
No refunds are available for electronic or paper publications delivered.
Refunds are only available for purchased events tickets if at least 72 hours notice is given before the event is due to start.
The Economic Research Council is registered as a data user under the Data Protection Act (1998), with Registration Number Z1795174. The Council's registered entry contains descriptions of the sources, uses and disclosure of personal data held. Information supplied by you will be used for administering your membership details.
You have a right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Please inform us in writing at the Economic Research Council, 55 Tufton Street, London SW1P 3QL.
The Economic Research Council is not liable for any investment decisions taken based on data provided on the website. Anything posted on the website represents the opinions of the author and not the Economic Research Council as a whole.
All content on the Economic Research Council website is the sole copyright of the ERC, unless otherwise stated. You may not reproduce any of this content without the prior written permission of the ERC.